- “Future looks good for parking garage”, Steve Hinnefeld, Herald-Times, June 22, 1988. Describes the status of the second public parking garage ever built by the city (and the oldest garage still standing):
- Opened in December 1986.
- Cost: $3 million.
- Paid for by property tax bond issue — taxpayers throughout the city paid for parking downtown.
- 340 spaces.
- 80 spaces reserved at $300/space
- 24 spaces reserved for Monroe County employees
- Public rate: $0.20/hour.
- “On Friday at 1 p.m., a peak time for downtown parking, there were 150 cars and trucks in the four-level, 340-space garage.”
- Indiana 2013 House Bill 1311. Sponsored by Rep. Mayfield, this legislation would strip out-of-state students of their right to vote in any election in Indiana. I testified against the offending portion of this bill at the Statehouse this afternoon.
More regarding the administration’s new parking management plan; regarding the right of college students to vote
Bookmark the permalink.